Forums Technical subjects Patchwork 3D – User Support stereo rendering vertical parallax issue

1 2

Author Posts

xin.liao

Hi, I’m testing the stereo rendering output that p3d export, using the demo bike scene, I changed the stereo basis to 0.65 in order to view on a small screen, but the result was not good, the left and right views have vertical parallax, which leads to very un-comfortable view experience. Are you using a toeing method to generate the stereo images other than off-axis?

Kevin

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about this.  Did you generate this image via the “snapshot panorama” feature ?
Is the problem still there when using the default value of 0.065 ?

xin.liao

No, it’s not a panorama, just Stereoscopy in Convergent Mode. Using 0.065 basis still have such problem.

xin.liao

The parallel mode is correct in vertical parallax however missing the functionality to adjust the convergence plane, the convergent mode looks more like a toe-in mode, which rotate the camera around the center of the 3d model.

Kevin

I will ask the development team about this, to confirm if we are using the toe-in method or if it’s simply a bug in the code.
If it’s the toe-in method, it is a method which has limitations and we will not be able to fix it quickly.

xin.liao

Hi Kevin, Any update on this issue?

Kevin

Hello Xin.liao,

Our development team plans to check this at the end of the week. Sorry for the delay.

Kevin

I checked with the development team during today’s meeting and you are correct. Stereo rendering is currently using toe-in method in Patchwork 3D.

We have another algorithm for stereo rendering which doesn’t use the toe-in method in one of the other software in Enterprise version.
I can send you a trial licence for the Enterprise version to test this other algorithm if you are interested.

xin.liao

Fine, please send me an email, you can also contact me on Skype: shownstockman@gmail.com.
I’d also like to try the vrpn feature on a mini size stereo power wall.

Thanks!

xin.liao

Hi Kevin, Would you please send me the trial license you refered?

1 2

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.