We are very pleased to present the 10th episode of our series about the development of our Vulkan renderer. In this episode, realism is finally here! We have been working on the implementation of different types of materials.
In this video you can see a scene where all these material types are applied to a Fiat 500. The added material types are:
- the environment material for the background,
- the matte material for the shadows,
- the standard material for plastics, leathers, fabrics, etc.
- the multi-layer material for complex materials such as flakes car paints,
- the sticker material,
- the mirror material for mirrors.
These types of materials could be transposed relatively easily from our OpenGL engine thanks to our experience in rendering. This obviously makes a qualitative leap in the rendering of our Vulkan engine.
We hope you were as excited about this video as we were when we saw the first images. Feel free to share your feedback and questions in the comments below.
Thanks for watching!