Exciting news to share! Patchwork 3D is getting an upgrade and is all set to launch in March with some amazing new features. Want to know more? Keep reading!
- Mirror materials now have diffuse, specular, and bump layers. Their light diffusion can be set with the Roughness Map. Read more…
- All materials that support textures can now be animated with video textures.
- Several changes to the Unfolding Workshop UI for more efficiency. Read more…
- Saving Reminder to ensure that your work is never lost. Read more…
- New Quick Save function, same as Save functionality but much faster. Read more…
New plugin tools
We added new plugin tools available with direct buttons in the default workspace:
- Add env hemisphere
- Add lighted matte plane
- Generate exploded view animation
Python SDK & Scripting API
The following features of Patchwork 3D are now accessible for Python scripts:
- Stitch / Split API
- Stickers API
- Import/export Postprocess API
All of the importers have been updated with the latest version of the third-party CAD software. Read more…
We hope you enjoy these new features!
Let us know if you have feedback and suggestions.